iOS 8: A Take Control Crash Course
Learn iOS 8 essentials quickly and get more out of your iPad or iPhone!
In this iOS 8 Crash Course, you’ll quickly master new (and old) features in iOS. Guided by TidBITS Managing Editor Josh Centers, you’ll get an overview of iOS 8’s new capabilities along with directions for putting them to use right away. In addition to explaining system features like Siri, Spotlight, and Notification Center, Josh helps you explore the new Health app, plus discover what’s different in iOS 8’s most-changed apps: Camera, Phone, Photos, Mail, Messages, and Safari.
Get it now for $15 / £11
You’ll find answers to questions like these:
- How do I install a third-party keyboard, like Smile’s TextExpander?
- How do I use iCloud Photo Sharing in Share sheets?
- What do I tap to send a voice message in Messages?
- Should I turn on iCloud Photo Library?
- What do I ask Siri in order to identify currently playing music?
- If I share my location in a group chat, is it shared with the chat or the people?
- How does the 2-minute delete feature work for media in Messages?
- How do I get quick access to Evernote and other apps in Notification Center?
- Where did the search field and toolbar go in Safari?
- How do I connect 1Password and Instapaper with Safari?
- Which feature should I turn on to make buttons easier to see?
- How do I hook apps into Apple’s new Health app?
- Which apps are hogging my battery?
- How do I tell Siri who my mother is so I can call her by saying “Call Mom”?
- In Family Sharing, what should I expect from the Ask to Buy feature?
- How do I find those cool Flyover tours in Maps?
- How do I tell my iPhone to stop tracking my location?
- How can I enable/disable the Zoom screen magnifier quickly?
- How do I minimize an email message that I’m writing so I can check something else in Mail and then come back to it easily?
Get it now for $15 / £11
You don’t have to read ‘iOS 8: A Take Control Crash Course’ in any specific order. You can jump around or skip sections to find the specific help you need – and, have no doubt, whatever you need, it will be in here!
However, reading the entire book is going to give you total iPhone or iPad confidence and make your kit that much easier to handle.
Very helpfully, all the references to other parts of the book are hyperlinked so readers can click and easily get to that section.
Technology changes in a blink of an eye – especially in the Apple world! – and it can be difficult to find the information you seek without visiting hundreds of web sites, which may only answer part of the question you have.
We highly recommend buying and reading ‘iOS 8: A Take Control Crash Course’. It’s a small investment that will have you feeling much more confident with Apples mobile operating system.