BACtrack Vio – This Could Save Your Life!
The holidays are here, it’s thanksgiving tomorrow, and we’re here to give you some tips for safe driving.
If you’ve ever found yourself trying to calculate (guess) whether you’re over or under the limit for drink driving…or you’ve had a particularly big party and need to drive early the next day, you’ll know what a risk it can be. Finland has been using these devices for years, but finally we have the ability to get our mitts on the technology.
BAC stands for Blood Alcohol Content, and the BACtrack Vio is designed to enable you to breathalyse yourself. The ZeroLine® Technology used in the device accurately determines when your blood alcohol content will return to zero. You have to order the breathalyser first, but when you have it, simply download the free app from the app store and connect via Bluetooth and away you go.
I can already imagine screenshots of stag do alcohol content levels as drunk Facebook ‘status’ alerts!
How to Get Started
- Order the BACtrack Vio breathaliser from Amazon
- Download the free BACtrack Vio app from the App store
- Enable bluetooth on your device
- The app will automatically detect which BACtrack device you’re using
- Once paired tap the dark blue circle to begin
- Try guessing just to see if you’re right
- Wait 15 minutes after eating, drinking or smoking before you test your level
- Your BAC will be displayed and you’ll get a summary of how your alcohol blood content is affecting you
Watch this video for a demonstration of how it works:
Check Your Device is Compatible
The following devices are compatible:
- iPhone 4S, 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6 Plus
- iPod Touch 5, 6
- iPad 3, 4, Mini, Air
- Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, S5
- Google Nexus 5
- HTC One
- Sony Xperia Z2 & Z3
In fact, most other Android smart phones will work with this as long as they are running Android 4.3 or above.
So enjoy the party and drive safe!