How to Remotely Access your Home Mac using iCloud
If you’re always leaving files on the home computer that you wish you could access on your laptop, then you’re going to love this!
What you will need:
Lion or Mountain Lion
1. Enable “Back to My Mac” (you will find this in System Preferences > iCloud > Back to My Mac)
2. Set up your home computer for sharing (this is in System Preferences > Sharing
3. Turn on File Sharing and Remote Login
4. Go to Applications > Utilities in Terminal
5. Type the following to get your My Mac account number: dns-sd -E
6. Type the following to SSH into your other machine: ssh -2 -6 username@computer-name.[account number].members.btmm.icloud.com*
7. Now you should be able to access your home Mac wherever you are, provided you have internet access.
*[You can find these under System Preferences > Sharing > Remote Login]