iCloud is the most comprehensive platform Apple has ever invented (well, we think so anyway), and combines a whole spectrum of communication services. With iCloud email (iCloud Mail), you can not only access your emails from any of your Apple devices, but you can also manage calendars and contacts, and where the email includes reference to a meeting, you can sync that with your calendars and contacts who will also be at the meeting, making rescheduling so much easier. If you receive an email it will immediately be accessible across all your devices (so you can grab it from whichever device you have to hand).
iCloud Mail enables you to use an @icloud.com, @me.com or @mac.com email address.
Set Up iCloud Mail
As soon as you have set up your iCloud account, you’ll be asked to set up your iCloud Mail account. It’s really easy to do, and only takes a couple of minutes. If you skipped it during your device set up, below we cover how you can set it up now from your Mac, Windows PC, Device (iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch) and even online.
On an iOS Device:
Go to Settings>iCloud>Mail. Switch Mail on. Follow the instructions.
On a Mac:
Go to the Apple menu>System Preferences>iCloud>Mail and follow the instructions.
On a Windows PC:
Make sure you have downloaded and installed iCloud for Windows. You will have to do this before you attempt to do anything iCloud on a Windows PC, so it is always the first step. Next make sure you have Outlook installed. Then open iCloud for Windows and select Mail>Contacts>Calendars. Then select Tasks and Apply. Now, on the left of the screen you should be able to see your iCloud Account where you can click on the disclosure triangle and enable iCloud to be visible from within your Outlook account.
How to Sync iCloud Mail, iCloud Calendars and iCloud Contacts
On your Device:
- Go to Settings>iCloud>Enter your Apple ID and password
- Make sure Mail, Contacts, Calendars and Tasks are included in the apps you want to sync using iCloud.
On your Mac:
- In the Apple menu, select System Preferences>iCloud
- Make sure you select Mail, Contacts, Calendars and Tasks
On your Windows PC:
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed iCloud for Windows.
- Open iCloud for Windows
- Sign in with your Apple ID and password
- Make sure you have selected Mail, Contacts Calendars and Tasks.
On iCloud Website:
Accessing any information synced with iCloud (for more information on how to do this see below, or also check out our iCloud Email page):
- Go to www.iCloud.com
- Sign in to your iCloud account
- If you have 2-step verification, you will need to click ‘verify’ and follow the instructions
- Once you’ve logged in, you can access any of the services you want to via iCloud online.
How to Sync iCloud Mail with Gmail Contacts
Go to Settings>Mail Contacts and Calendars>Add Account
Choose Google>Enter your name, email address and password
Check out this easy to follow video showing you how to do this on an iPad: