Updates for OS X
Mavericks OS X Update
Go to the Mac App Store to update your Mavericks OS X version 10.9.3. While it’s a fairly minor update, there are still a few exciting additions. Your Mac will reboot after installation is complete, and there are no major issues being reported on Apple Support Communities.
As of yesterday the new update has the following shiny new features:
- Enhanced 4K display on Mac Pro
- Enhanced 4K display on Macbook Pro (15 inch retina display)
- Enhanced stability with installation of configuration profiles
- Enhanced login speed in active directory groups
- Ability to sync calendar and contacts between iOS device and Mac with USB
- Fontbook update enables PostScript Type 1 fonts
- Enhanced VPN connection reliability using IPsec
- Includes Safari 7.0.3
- Updated stability of copying, editing and inspecting permissions of SMB file server files
- Increased stability on home network directories
It is available for: Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later
1. Improved Podcast Browsing
- Quickly find episodes you haven’t listened to in the new Unplayed tab
- Browse episodes that are available to download or stream in the Feed tab
- Save your favorite episodes to keep them on your computer
- Episodes can now be automatically deleted after you play them
2. Resolves iTunes being unresponsive when updating Genius
3. Improves overall performance and reliability.
4. Podcasts for iOS 2.1 or later is recommended when syncing podcast episodes.
OS X Server Update for Macs (Version 3.1.2)
Another new update is OS X Server software for Macs allowing interactions with other Macs and iOS Devices.
OS X Server is now a selection of apps that can run within OS Mavericks bringing the following improvements:
- Improvements to imports, group scheduling and invites in Calendar Server
- Enhanced Message Server stability in Chat Rooms
- Enhancements in Profile Manager stability when sending Volume Purchase Programme invitations and management of Device Enrollment Programme systems